Join our team!
Israel Engagement Associate
The Hillel of Chico Israel Engagement Associate will play an integral role developing opportunities to engage students in Jewish life on campus, encouraging them to become involved as leaders and participants in student-organized Jewish and Israel programming and groups, and directing them to and facilitating their participation in Israel-related opportunities on and off campus.
Hillel builds learning opportunities, giving students the opportunity to articulate why Israel plays an important role in their personal Jewish identities and how Israel continues to influence Jewish conversations, global Jewish peoplehood, and the world. Hillel views Israel as a core element of Jewish life and a gateway to Jewish identification for students. Hillel aspires to provide students with the opportunity to explore and build an enduring relationship with Israel.
What you’re great at:
- Speaking passionately and inspiring others about Israel travel, both through individual conversations and larger group presentations.
- Thinking strategically, creatively, and “BIG” on how to engage with unaffiliated students.
- Learning from experience and making the necessary adjustments in a timely manner.
- Managing multiple projects, work with your Executive Director on setting timetables and adhering to deadlines.
- Using your social networking skills.
- Think strategically on how to connect young adults to Israel.
- Owning your unique Jewish knowledge and experiences and inspiring others to be on an Israel journey.
- Have great confidence in how you’re connected to Israel.
- Outreach and Engagement
- Build one-on-one relationships with Jewish students by meeting them where they live, work and/or study, utilizing creative methods to reach and interest them.
- Strategic and creative marketing of Israel opportunities for students via Twitter, Facebook and other means of social media.
- Manage Israel engagement and programmatic events.
- Planning and Initiative Implementation
- Develop and implement a recruitment timeline for Israel trip recruitment and continued student engagement.
- Maintain records of events and attendance for measurement and ongoing evaluation
- Track and evaluate progress to show growth.
- Participate as a member of the Hillel staff team in major programs, Shabbat and holidays.
- Supervision and Professional Growth
- Participate in weekly professional supervision and present program planning.
- Participate in professional training in St. Louis in August and an optional trip to Hillel International Global Assembly in Colorado December 2017.
- Participate in semi-annual reviews to consider successes, challenges, and opportunities for growth, and to ensure the cultivation of skills and resources necessary to succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of professional work experience.
- A passionate commitment to the support of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state with secure and recognized borders and a member of the family of nations.
- Prior travel experience to Israel.
- Organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Jewish education and outreach.
- Knowledge of Israeli society and culture.
- Leadership skills, and the capacity for effective teamwork and group leadership.
- Passion for Jewish life and Israel.
- A team-oriented approach to work, work ethics, a sense of humor and fun attitude.
- Comfort with your connection to Israel as part of your identity.
- Open-mindedness to deal, along with a consultant, with anti-Israel activity on campus.
- Have knowledge of basic Israeli history and events.
- Time management skills abilities.
- Part-time position with salary of $22, 250
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- If recruited enough students, a possibility to travel within the US and abroad, particularly to Israel.
- A network of terrific Hillel colleagues
- Paid coffee conversations with students
- Flexible work hours
About Hillel of Chico
Hillel of Chico provides a welcoming, pluralistic Jewish community on/off campus that supports students in their transition to, and throughout, their university experience. We co-create action opportunities with students to explore and live their values, both on and off-campus. Hillel of Chico offers students opportunities to develop a meaningful relationship with Israel, including opportunities to study, volunteer, Co-op, and tour in Israel. We strive to build learning opportunities giving students the opportunity to articulate why Israel plays an important role in their personal Jewish identities and how Israel continues to influence Jewish conversations, global Jewish peoplehood, and the world.
Chico Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Click here and include your resume and cover letter.
Sorry the Calendar feed is currently unavailable. View full calendar directly.